Cloud computing is changing the way that schools operate, moving away from locally installed tools and resources and utilising the power of the internet. Not only can the cloud help schools to deliver and manage lessons, it can also help you to manage your infrastructure, provide secure off-site back up and enable you to communicate and collaborate like never before.
Storage and Back-up
Joskos' supported schools benefit from the excellent partnerships that we have forged over the years with a number of education-friendly cloud providers.
As cloud storage and backup have become a bigger part of the ICT landscape in schools, we have become experts at deploying cloud solutions that streamline management and make life easier for schools and administrators alike.
Things to look out for when assessing a cloud solution for your school
- Scalable – storage and backup capacity should grow with your school’s requirements without having to make any major changes
- Flexible – it should be able to accommodate users running various operating systems and devices such as desktops, notebooks and servers alike
- Centralised management – administration should be policy-based with various levels of administration rights
- Simplicity of use – managing and accessing your school’s data should never be an unnecessary drain on man-hours and learning time
As a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, we can provide and support the full range of Microsoft products and cloud services including Office 365 for Education. Bringing together a range of cloud-based communication, collaboration and productivity tools, this powerful suite is ideally suited to schools who want to move away from locally-installed office applications.
Through its strategic partnerships, Joskos can provide a powerful and unique cloud-based software library that gives schools access to a vast range of titles from a range of content providers. Cloud-pointing technology is used to deliver exciting animation and multimedia to any learning device via the web.
Software titles are automatically updated, ensuring that schools always have access to the latest version. The current catalogue of over 170 curriculum titles enables each school to identify the best solution for them to be rented on a term-by-term or annual basis with 400 software titles being available by the end of 2012.
Remote Network Management and Support
Our CentraStage remote monitoring and support service links your business-critical system to our Head Office so that in the event of a system problem, our engineers can quickly log into your servers and user machines in order to diagnose and resolve the issue at hand. This saves potentially large amounts of wasted time where engineers have to fight through traffic to get to your site only to find that the issue could have been resolved remotely.
Secure remote support includes:
- Remote software installation, deployment, patching and management
- Remote installation and management of anti-virus
- Remote user account management: account creation and password reset
- Remote management of wireless networks
- Remote management of managed networks ie managed switches
- Remote management of internet filtering
- Remote management of printers
We can also provide proactive remote monitoring of every device across a school’s IT estate, regardless of where the device is, and who it belongs to. This enables us to:
- Monitor performance, from low disk space to CPU, memory and status
- Be alerted to hardware or software changes
- Monitor business critical services and processes
- Scan event logs for critical errors
- Check up on backups and security status
- Create custom monitors for ad hoc requirements
- Get automatic notification if a server (or any device which is selected as a key device for monitoring) goes offline or develops a fault
Our monitoring and support service provides various levels of user controls:
- If we need to access a school server, users at the school can continue to access files etc on the server while we carry out remote troubleshooting.
- If the troubleshooting is required on a user machine, Privacy mode enables clients to decline our connection request if it is inconvenient at that time.
- The school can always ask for current work to take priority over troubleshooting.
In addition, remote asset management reliably, efficiently and automatically takes care of tracking your school’s hardware and software assets, no matter where the devices are located. This includes:
- Agent-based technology, for on-LAN and off-LAN asset management and tracking
- Automated asset audits every 24 hours or on demand
- Software versioning and license management